eAccelerator crash (Updated)
I've created an article to try to track what works and what doesn't: Running Apache + PHP + Accelerators under Windows 2003
After moving a site with some traffic to an Apache 2.2.x server, I have been getting multiple Apache crash per day. Before I was only getting these about once a week. Here is what the error looks like in the Apache error.log:
 EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 58 of _drupal_bootstrap() at E:\DomZeus\wwwroot\includes\bootstrap.inc:771
I've seen reports about this problem start to "pop-up" over the web. We have been using EA 0.9.3 under IIS and W2K for years without a single issue. So EA does work under some configuration.
My software layers are:
Apache 2.2.2 +
EA (both 0.9.4 and 0.9.5RC1) +
PHP (4.3.11 and 4.4.3 and 5.1.4)
+ 2 dual XEON server
If you are using eAccelerator under Windows on a site with
some traffic (lets says about 100+ users per day)
please add a comment to this article.
- Web Server: IIS or Apache + version
- PHP: version + method (.dll or .exe)
- OS: W2K or W2K3 or other
- Hardware: 1 or 2 processor
- EA version: 0.9.3 or 0.9.4 or 0.9.5RC1
- Estimate of daily traffic (very basic estimate are better then none)
- Frequency of crash (if applicable)
You feedback could be helpful for us to answer these questions:
- Does EA work reliably under Apache ?
- Does EA (0.9.4+) work reliable under IIS ?
- Does EA work reliably under W2k3 ?
Note: The ticket about eAccelerator crash